I will assume that finding the right mastiff kennels is a priority for you if you are reading this. High on your priority list should be making sure your pet bullmastiff is properly cared for when you are away. To assist you in finding the right mastiff kennels we have prepared some criteria to use in selection.
The following steps should be the very least criteria you use to gauge when locating a prospective kennel for your mastiff. Don’t forget your rights start with your choice. Even though you aren’t buying the kennel you should treat the decision as if you were.
1) A List Should Be Created. Track the addresses, business names and phone numbers of the prospective kennels in a list form. To each line add a column for “Allow Tours” and “Kennel Condition”. Check each kennel to see if they allow tours. If they don’t then immediately remove them from the list.
2) Calculate the Kennel’s cleanliness. This will be done using a scale of one to ten. With ten being the worst and one being the best. Pay special attention to the following:
– What is the Staff’s Training Regarding Cleaning. If it’s not performed at least daily then add 4 to the cleanliness score.
– Are the spaces free of waste and clean for the mastiffs? If not add 4 to the cleanliness score.
– Does the staff immediately clean up when a dog has a bowel movement? If not add 2 to the cleanliness score
Keep in mind that the best way to preserve your mastiff’s health is to make sure they are kept in a clean environment. After looking at each kennel you should have a semi objective cleanliness score. At the end of all of your tours get rid of all but the lowest three.
3) Determine The Kennel’s Feeding Schedule. The Kennel’s special request policy should be determined. If you have to bring your own mastiffs own food to the kennel then this will be important.
4) Find Out What Medical Care Is Provided. Ask them what the medical options are if any. This would also be an ideal time to have any scheduled check-ups or shots performed if the kennel provides the right medical care. If the Kennel is not associated with a vet’s office then they should at the least have a vet on call. The staff should also have rudimentary medical training.
Eliminating the kennels with cleanliness issues will still leave you with a choice to make. Your choice should be based on price and services. If you utilize all the information you have gathered then you can ensure that you have made the best choice for finding the right mastiff kennels.
About the Author:
(Hint: Move your mouse over the image to see another view. Click on the image for more details.) Cornucopia An adorable fawn Mastiff pup poses with a cornucopia of Thanksgiving delights. Christmas Presence Three adorable Mastiff puppies, fawn, apricot & brindle, show off their holiday presence in this Christmas design. Morn’ Brindle Peace on Earth2 […]
If you are a dog fan like most you will find the Mastiff dog to be not only interesting but a favorite of yours. The Spanish Mastiff will be the central point of this article. The Spanish astiff has a very active parent clubs in the states and is in the process of being accepted to the Foundation Stud Service as a recognized breed.
Mastiff dog insurance is not high on most American’s agenda despite tens of millions of dog owners , to date this peculiarity remains a bit of a mystery. We don’t hesitate to purchase health insurance for ourselves , omitting our pets when just about everything else in our lives is insured just doesn’t make sense.
A mastiff and bloodhound combination produces the Brazilian mastiff , the mind boggles. These gentle giants have a nose that can sniff out anything but can be as gentle as a giant. These cross breed mastiff’s come originally come from Brazil and go by the Name of Fila brasileiro. When this breed was first brought to light they were Mainly used for guarding plantations, and were later introduced to the United States of America.