As mans best friend, we want our darling pooch to be well mannered in the varied social situations it finds itself. This guidance needs to start whilst the hound is young. We want the fido not to be worried or aggressive towards people or other animals. puppy socialisation is a key part of dog care.
Research at Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine showed that the first three months are critical, and the easiest for socialisation. For many puppies this time is tackled by the dog breeder. After that initial 3 months it is still key, but takes more time and effort and planning. This is also the experience of professional dog sitters who are regularly asked for pointers.
dogs are just like us, if the first experience is agonising, we will keep away from or be worried at similar occasions, soone step at a time. Do not force the puppy. If in doubt, stop and do it again later. Yound pups rapidly tire and need their sleep, so do new things for short periods and give plenty of rest in between.
So what approach should I take?
• Invite people, any friends and family, petit, large, varied looking, different sexes. Be careful and vigilant with introductions to children.
• Introduce him to a collar and then a leash. Just put the collar on, later attach the leash and let him wander around the house, then you can take him for a walk around the house. Carefully choose a lightweight buckle collar with a puppy.
• Visit your families and friend and families in their homes.
• Try and introduce different dogs, especially other sociable, healthy and vaccinated fidos. Be careful until the puppy is fully vaccinated, meeting mutts that you do not know.
• If you know people with pooch friendly cats, organise a visit?
• Meet other animals, do you have a friendly farm near you? Difficult in towns, but if you go away for holidays.
• Driving is key. So take bitch out for as many practical short drives in the car. Stop and let him observe the world pass by, in the security of the car. This helps with him getting used to loud noises. Initiate him to other shrill noises such as drills.
• Lug or walk him to places where there is local activity such as shops and parks. Find a café or seat where you can sit outside with your dog and watch the world go by. Loads of people will introduce themselves to him.
• Introduce your pooch to activities in the home, paying attention to safety, house work, cooking and gardening.
• Puppy grooming, a great time for you and him, start a routine as soon as possible of brushing, bathing and inspection.
• Introduce the puppy to stairs carefully, if you are a typical town flat owner, this may be problematic.
Dog socialisation, start today and have a superb sociable puppy.
Bestsellers and Hot Products
Cotton Handmade Dog Collar for Small Medium Large Dogs,Yellow Daisy with Pendant Cute Dog Collars,Ideal for Girl Dogs Boy Dogs (Medium)$6.98 ($6.98 / Count) (as of June 5, 2023 01:27 GMT -06:00 - More infoProduct prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.)
Small Dog Bark Collar Rechargeable – Smallest Bark Collar for Small Dogs 5-15lbs - Most Humane Stop Barking Collar - Dog Training No Shock Anti Bark Collar - Safe Pet Bark Control Device$25.75 ($25.75 / Count) (as of June 5, 2023 01:26 GMT -06:00 - More infoProduct prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.)
Vetnique Labs Glandex Anal Gland Soft Chew Treats with Pumpkin for Dogs Digestive Enzymes, Probiotics Fiber Supplement for Dogs Boot The Scoot (Peanut Butter Chews, 60ct)$29.99 (as of June 5, 2023 01:29 GMT -06:00 - More infoProduct prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.)
Earth Rated Dog Poop Bags, Guaranteed Leak Proof and Extra Thick Waste Bag Refill Rolls For Dogs, Lavender Scented, 270 Count
neabot P1 Pro Pet Grooming Kit & Vacuum Suction 99% Pet Hair, Professional Grooming Clippers with 5 Proven Grooming Tools for Dogs Cats and Other Animals16% Off
Good Christmas Gifts for Pets
The holiday season is a time for giving and picking out the perfect gift can often be a challenge. Especially when it comes to choosing presents for our favorite furry friends who can't exactly tell us what they would like. Here are some recommendations on great Christmas gifts for pets! 1. Let your favorite dog […]
7 Christmas Card Dog
1. Muttropolis gift card Price: $15.00 A mutt must-have and the perfect custom dog gifts for any occasion! Give one to welcome a new puppy or kitty, to celebrate a pet adoption or pet birthday, or just to say “Thanks so Mutts!” Our paw-pleasing gift Card is good for both muttropolis.com and in-store purchases. Recipients may […]
Garden allows dogs for first time
15 January 2013 Last updated at 10:40 ET By Chris Dearden BBC Wales News One of the best known gardens in wales is allowing dogs inside for the first time. Bodnant garden in the Conwy Valley has been in the hands of the national trust since 1949. The 80-acre site has been open to the […]
Wireless Fence Leader Havahart
wireless fence leader havahart® Wireless Announces a Dog Training rebate Program Buy a Custom-Shape Havahart® wireless fence. Train your dog with a pro. Save up to $ 100! Lititz, PA (PRWEB) July 26, 2011 “A well-trained dog is a happy dog,” stated Kelly howard, Category Development Associate for Havahart® Wireless parent company woodstream corp. “The […]