“When I needed a hand, I found your paw.”
Indeed there is no greater feeling than having a furry friend with you. But do you know pets are not only good as companions, but they also have therapeutic significance?
But that’s not all! Have you found a way to make them feel special? The following tips will help you spread love and care.
- Exercise with them – Do you like to play games? Have you been finding a way to refresh yourself after a hectic schedule? Well! Your pet also wants the same. Then gear up for some energetic exercise. This will make you spend some quality time with them. Play a new game, take them out for a pleasant stroll. You will experience a healthier body. In the same way, your pet will benefit from a healthier lifestyle. It will act as a stress reliever for you and your cute creature as well.
- Physical affection – The science of touch came into the limelight in the mid-1990s. It proved that physical touch has a positive bearing on our mental and physical well-being. Besides, it also has therapeutic benefits. Ever wondered how relaxing it can be? Well, petting the dog or a cat releases oxytocin, called the “Feel good” hormone. Both the parties benefit from it. All you need is to give an excellent friendly scratch or belly rub to your furry friend.
What about cuddling? Sounds good? You can cuddle them and show that they hold importance for you.
- Be attentive – Once you start doing different activities with them, start noticing their behavior. Body language can be the vital indicator that helps you determine what they want to say. Do they enjoy going on a walk with you? Do they like to play with other animals?
Also, try to recognize the activities that they like doing. For instance – Most dogs love to dig. If that is the case, you can make a sandpit for them. Missing watching some exciting series? Then you can binge-watch it with them. This undivided attention will make them go crazier for you. So, build great moments together!
- Healthy food – There is no doubt that these pals love the food. No matter how many times you are serving them in a day, but it should be healthy. Their health and appetite matter, as they are providing you the best companionship. Who is not fond of surprises? Surprise them with special treats from time to time. Seeing them happy will make you happier. It has rightly been said by Gustave Flaubert, “The heart, like the stomach, wants a varied diet.” So make them go jolly with the varied diet.
- Grooming is necessary – You have served them healthy food. Now what? The next step is to give a mind-blowing look to your furry pal. It is a fantastic way to depict your love for them. You can fur them or stroke them.
Want more? What about some accessories? Yes, you heard me right. We are in the habit of gifting presents to our dear ones. But why do we forget this when it comes to these adorable creatures? You want to make them feel wanted, right? Don’t worry. We have a solution for you. Nowadays, many pet accessories in the market can make them feel like in the seventh heaven. So get ready, folks!
- Collars – Have you seen collars around the neck of many dogs? You can buy them a strong collar or harness. This is an excellent way of identification. With this, that little creature can flaunt its style also.
- Beds – Snuggling in a bed after a long tiring day? Amazing, isn’t it! The same holds for pets as well. The beds are designed according to their needs. What could be more special than presenting them with a cushiony bed?
- Coats and jackets – Coats and jackets add to the style of your little friend. It also keeps them warm during the winter months. So spice-up their style with this trend.
- Toys – Toys bring happiness to every kid. Even our pets are like those sweet little kids who like to play with toys for example – a shoe dog toy, bone dog toy, bird cat toy, etc.
Done with gifting them the accessory? You want to know their reaction. How will they show that they are happy with this gesture?
- Licking – Licking is the sign of love and affection. Sometimes they smooch at your eyes or slurp your hands. It is a loving gesture. Through this, they are saying that we admire our owner. It builds a sense of trust.
- Jumping up – Have you noticed that when you give them something, they leap on you? This means they are expressing that they are happy by receiving the little things from you. Whenever they do this, you can kneel and pat them.
- Sharing toys – You have given a toy to your pet. When you come back home, if your pet brings that to you, this shows that they regard it as a prized possession. Moreover, they want you to play with that toy.
“Animals are a gift from above, for they truly define the words, unconditional love.” The quote by Heather Wolf makes a lot of sense. Believe it or not, these furry friends can make our life worthwhile. They can’t speak, but still, they do many things for us. Don’t just say that you love them, show them that you really do.
You can surprise them with the gifts or take them out for a walk daily. What more? You know that you can also take them to pet parties. Moreover, you can organize one. They will surely love this sweet gesture. Now, it is high time to spread some love to these pals. So get ready. Spread kindness and “Pawsitivity”!