About the author: Linda Butts
Hey, I’m Linda Butts, the girl behind Pawsome Talk. With my pawsometalk.com, I hope to share the ideas and techniques from my personal experiences of what I have done with my pet research and what I love about pets and their lives. I expect to help you feel at ease if you start to make a friendship with your pet while you enjoy your journey. Please don’t be shy to ask me when you need to help or out of the idea. Let’s ask and share what you’ve got.
Surroundings are a vital part of the health and well being of your cat. A conducive surrounding is one in which the cat can become harmlessly socialized without much effort. The surrounding should aid your cat to get accustomed to people and objects around them. Right from the time your cat is young, give it a chance to systematize and mark its territory. Your cat will do the following activities in its territory.
Your indoor cat will regulate its life around the following areas. I would advise you to respect these needs of the cat to keep away behavior problems.
- Nourishment region: You should keep this area as silent and calm. It should look at a distance from the litter box, and you’re eating area. The space provided for this should be enough where they can eat without getting disturbed.
- Lounging area: This place you must realize will differ during the day, depending on the sunlight and the sources of heat. By nature, you will realize by experience that cats enjoy sleeping in high places. This they choose by themselves, so provide alternatives.
- Sanitation region: You should place the litter box at a quiet place and all the time approachable by your cat. It should be away from the food bowl and regions where a lot of activity is going on. Cats get stressed and stay unclean if, for instance, the litter box is placed near the washing machine. Provide one litter tray per cat.
- Recreation region: For your cat, it is the largest living region as well as a relaxation area. Your cat should be able to race around here, remain unseen, or sit atop high places. Buy enough cat accessories to stimulate and support the cat’s health as well as well being.
Your cat is likely to stay indoors, and that is why you will need a lot of activity to stay physically and mentally stimulated. For this, you will require a lot of toys. Use them by rotation to keep them interested, items to mount, and conceal. You should see that the cat gets daily playtimes with the family.
You will see that cats like to groom excessively and are likely to be sedentary. If your cat has long hair, it will require nutrition, which will help with hairballs and gives back nutrients to the body. Scratching is the natural behavior of the cat, so accommodate your cat in places to express this desire. Offer at least a single scratching post.
Your pet cat food consumption relies on many variables. Your cat will select an eating place that is calm and not visible to predators and a clear passage to escape. Give your cat superior quality food that is specifically prepared for the cat. This will give all the nutrients for them to stay healthy. Vary the food quantity by age, breed, lifestyle, and sensitivities.
Do not frequently and continuously change the diet of your cat, as this will adversely affect its digestion. Make use of feeding puzzles to engage your cat mentally. This way, they will exert for their food, and hunting instincts will stay alive. You should know that hunting nature is crucial in the way the cat eats. It is for this reason they eat many small meals all through the day rather than a couple of large feeds.
The pet cat will need a high volume of protein, which has many essential amino acids. Taurine is found in animal tissue. Your cat will use fat as an important source of energy. Provide your cat with a greater proportion of daily calories through fat. From the diet, your cat should get vitamins and minerals.
Brush your cat regularly. It will make it look good and dead hair will be removed. While grooming the cat will have less work to do. Grooming takes 30% of the cat’s time. Your cat in the process can get digestive problems. If you happen to possess long hair like the Persian cat, uses a comb to untangle the coat. In short and flat hair, a few strokes of combing are what you need. In case it is a medium-length coat cat or with dense hair undercoat, use a soft brush once a week.
You have to understand that the health of the cat involves preventive vaccinations, tablets, and even whether or not to neuter the pet. Some of these expenditures areas and when sickness happens, and others should be considered as ongoing budget along with grooming and nutrition.
Routinely vaccinate your cat against panleukopaenia virus, herpesvirus, and calicivirus. Do microchipping of your cat. It is a painless process done below the skin of the neck. In case your cat is lost, the microchip will give information about you, and you will be contacted. The cat is likely to get fleas, worms, and ticks. Enroll for the anti-parasite program from the very start of the cat’s life. Neutering is your choice as an owner. This is done around six months of age. Go to the vet for an annual check-up which includes:
- Health issues
- Weight monitoring
- Behavioral changes
Cat Food Requirement!
You may wonder how much food do cats need? This depends on the following factors:
- Levels of energy
- Whether pregnant or nursing
- You serve wet food, dry food or both
- The nutrient value of the cat’s food
- If it is an indoor cat or outdoor cat or both
Pet insurance gives varying levels of cover, and cost changes accordingly. Other factors that are kept in mind are your cat’s age, breed, size type, and location.