It’s already Spring time, which means the Parvo season is upon us already, and there is a much more aggressive strain of Parvo that is killing dogs at a truly alarming rate. The 2c Strain can kill both adult dogs and puppies within 6-12 hours after symptoms first appear, even though they may be fully-vaccinated and up-to-date with all their shots.
We put together this little quiz to see if you are up on the latest Parvo facts. These questions are all True/False:
- Parvo is a puppy disease and my adult dogs are safe.
- All of my dogs are up-to-date on their shots, therefore they are protected.
- I’m worried that my cat can get infected from my Parvo puppy, should I be?
- Foul-smelling dog diarrhea mainly comes from eating junk food.
- Canine Parvovirus is not contagious to humans.
- My vet quoted $750+ for Parvo treatments for my dog, I heard this is low?
- Parvo cannot survive snow and desert-heat temperatures.
- Parvo can only be spread via infected dog feces.
- Parvo can incubate from 3-15 days before symptoms appear.
- Parvo tests at the vet are always accurate.
Parvo is widely misunderstood. There’s one thing for certain, it will devastate your pet and can take his life if you don’t take immediate action. So often, people are caught unawares and just have no idea what to look for. Parvo symptoms can appear from absolutely nowhere – one minute your dog is his usual playful self and the next minute he is moping around and looking very depressed.
The typical symptoms of Parvo can fox you at first. You may think your dog has just swallowed something that disagreed with him, when indeed he may already be infected and very sick with the scourge of the Earth, Parvo virus.
This is why we wrote Parvo Treatment 101, a FREE eBook that will help you learn all you need to know about Parvo and what are the dog Parvo symptoms to watch out for. We also talk about exactly what makes for an effective Parvovirus treatment. You will undoubtedly run across many different treatments for Parvo, and we can shed light on their pros and cons, as we’ve done tons of research into this issue.
We hope that you found this information interesting and once you download your free copy of our eBook, that will clear up many issues about Canine Parvo virus.
Oh BTW, how did you score on our little Parvo Quiz? Ideally, you don’t want to miss more than 1 … Well, we can help you out. If you pay a visit to our Parvo Emergency Treatment Blog we will have all the answers to this quiz and maybe other questions you may have on your mind.
Click here for more information about 'Canine Parvo Treatment - Test Your Knowledge'.