Dog 'electrocuted by shop shutters'

array(2) { [0]=> string(0) "" ["keywords"]=> string(23) "Colney Mini Market,Dog," }

A dog has apparently been electrocuted while tethered outside a in Hertfordshire.

Rhylie, a Staffordshire bull terrier, was tied by his metal choke chain lead to metal shutters at Colney Mini Market in , when he “began fitting… and died”, his owner said.

UK Power Networks said: “The shock was due to an internal ”.

St Albans council shut the shop on safety grounds, but said satisfactory electrical tests meant it could reopen.

, who has owned five-year-old Rhylie since he was a puppy, described him as “a member of the family”.

‘Live cable’

His sister had taken the dog for a walk on 6 November and tied him to the shutters “for a few minutes”, while shopping in the store.

“When she came out, people said Rhylie was fitting,” Mr Callum said.

“He had bitten on to his lead and wouldn’t, or couldn’t, let go.

“What actually happened was a live cable was touching the shutter… resulting in him obviously having an electric shock,” he added.

“When I turned up, my dog was dead outside the shop.”

Qualified electrician

Mr Callum said he received a small electric shock when he removed the dog’s lead.

UK Power Network engineers were called to the shop the following day.

A spokesman said: “Investigations have confirmed the shock was due to an internal electrical fault within the property, rather than the electricity network.”

Mike Lovelady, from St Albans City and District

… Continue reading here.
Dog – Yahoo News Search Results


You May Also Like These Topics...

For Swiss disaster rescue dogs , the job – and training – never ends

array(2) { [0]=> string(0) "" ["keywords"]=> string(14) "disaster,," }

Dogs from the REDOG program, based outside Berne, have seen duty worldwide, from Japan to Turkey to Costa Rica, to sniff out victims buried in the

Activists seeking puppy mill ban, starts locally

array(2) { [0]=> string(0) "" ["keywords"]=> string(58) "activists,Activists seeking puppy mill ban locally," }

BRANFORD, Conn. (AP) — Five months after her beloved boxer died,

Dog Eats Candy-Covered Volcano Homework Ending in Emergency Surgery

array(2) { [0]=> string(0) "" ["keywords"]=> string(78) ",Dog Eats Candy-Covered Homework Ending Surgery," }

Nov 21, 2013 3:56pm It’s the oldest story in the book: “The dog ate my homework.” However, for Payton Moody, 13, of Englewood, Colo., who slaved away for hours on her candy-covered volcano project, that story became painfully true not only for her, but for her poor dog, Reggie. The 2-year-old

Dogs ease veterans' trauma at Bay Area VA center

array(2) { [0]=> string(0) "" ["keywords"]=> string(30) "Area,Black Labrador Retriever," }

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,
Previous Post
file00068854375.jpg
Dachshund

Dachshund Christmas Cards (Doxie)

Next Post
file000591259892.jpg
Poodle

Poodle Christmas Cards

Leave a Reply

0 Shares
Tweet
Share
Share
Pin