3) Engagements: Spend some time with your dog. When he was young it didn’t matter a lot as he was hyper and could entertain himself. Now in his old age your dog requires more attention and love as his vigor around the house will be reduced due to his degrading health.
4) Hairs: If you have a Great Dane then there is absolutely no problem at all, but if you are in possession of a German Spitz you need to be more focused on your dog’s hair. At this age dogs start loosing hair, so the best advice would be to regularly comb him with a soft bristled brush, lightly and keep him away from sweets or sugar oriented eatables as veterinarians believe that sugar is the major cause for hair loss in dogs.
5) Vaccinations: Your dog’s vaccinations and boosters are still significant because his immune system has worn down with age and is more prone to diseases than ever before.
6) Exercise: Exercise is still a potent determinant of your dog’s health. Though his stamina has decreased, whatever remains still needs to be preserved and revitalized so that his metabolism is maintained even at his old age.
7) Diet: Enrich his diet with lots of calcium and iron; he requires them for his aged bones and his failing health. Your dog’s best chances of survival are with an optimal balanced diet.
Following these tips will help to keep your best friend healthy and happy.
Blogciety is the one stop spot for News, Health, Entertainment, Humor, Politics, Videos and more. We are a blogging site dedicated to providing quality and professional articles for your enjoyment and education. Visit us today and become a part of a wonderful blogging society. Blogciety
Food intolerances can affect many people in many different ways and the list of causes is endless. It’s no different for our furry friends, and food intolerances in dogs can often go undiagnosed. Food intolerance can be defined by its uncomfortable physical effects, it can also mean that a particular food may not be […]
1. Kong Wobbler A lot of dog owners have reported positive results using a Kong Wobbler. The toy is designed to be filled with dog treats or kibble. The design makes it virtually impossible for your dog to get the treats out of the toy, which can help prevent separation anxiety. It takes a little […]
Before I explain what a Bully Stick actually is (you might be surprised!), let me first address the “why” of Bully Sticks. Dogs can, at times, be a pain in the backside. Dogs – especially those dogs who normally get a lot of attention – tend to get very bored when you are away or […]
What vegetables can I feed my dog? Dogs can digest most vegetables. Many veterinary surgeons agree that so long as a dog has plenty of exercises he can eat potatoes without deleterious effects being discernible. Yet we must again emphasize that dogs are mixed feeders, and too much concentration on any particular food is not […]