Watch out for these important signs that can help you determine the health status in your dogs.
1) If your dog has constant nasal discharge, it can indicate the presence of nasal congestion, just like in humans. Your dog may have a “common cold”. However, if the discharge is thick and smells bad or is “off-color”, your dog may have a serious respiratory problem or even pneumonia. A trip to the vet is in order at this point.
2) If your dog vomits once or twice, this should not be taken as a serious sign of ill health. After all, dogs are not really particular about what they eat, and indigestion as a result is commonplace. But, if your dog continues to vomit of the course of several hours or days, then this is something significant and should be looked into. There could be a severe digestive ailment, damage to the stomach and/or intestines, or some sort of infection involved. A visit to the vet would be highly recommended.
3) Constant itching indicates potential skin problems in your dog, parasites, or the possibility of an injury. You need to check your dog first by closely examining the skin by separating the hair follicles, especially in the case of long haired breeds. You may find ticks or lice on the skin, which may look apparently normal at a distance. Close up, you can see the little buggers.
4) If the dog passes loose stool a couple times, this need not be cause for alarm. But if there is continuous passing of loose stool, then your dog is might be suffering from bowel disorders. Or, if the dog does not pass stool for two to three days, constipation may indicate serious issues like obstructions or even worse. After several days of either occurrences, a trip to the veterinary would be wise.
5) Watch you dog walk. Patiently observing the dog's walking movements can rule out any abnormal movements. If the dog is limping, the animal may have foot lesions. Similarly, if the aged dog has reluctant walking and less feed intake along with repeated vomiting, then acute renal disorders like nephritis needs to be ruled out. Sometimes limping actions are caused by nothing more than a thorn or stone embedded in the pad of a paw.
6) If there is whiteness in eyes, suspect the corneal opacity that may occur in diseases like trypanasomosis. When the dog becomes anemic, the mucous membrane of the eyes becomes paler and in severe cases, this may have wall white color.
7 ) If the dog bites chain and owners or others, look for behavior disorders and rabies needs to be ruled out.
- Is ear care included in your dog's grooming session?(indianpetstore.com)
- The Dish On Grass(consciouscompanion2012.com)
- Know the signs(joshdogwalking.wordpress.com)
- Dog Ear Infection: An Overview(dog-diseases.dogs-and-cats-at-home.com)
Bestsellers and Hot Products
Pet Memorial Wind Chime - 18" Metal Casted Pawprint Wind Chime - A Beautiful Remembrance Gift for a Grieving Pet Owner - Includes Pawprints Left by You Poem Card6% Off
Blink Mini Pan-Tilt Camera | Rotating indoor plug-in smart security camera, two-way audio, HD video, motion detection, Works with Alexa (Black)30% Off
Milk-Bone Original Biscuits for Large Dogs, 10 Pounds + Soft & Chewy, Beef & Filet Mignon, 25 Ounce Dog Treats Bundle$29.46 (as of June 7, 2023 03:35 GMT -06:00 - More infoProduct prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.)
Blue Buffalo Health Bars Natural Crunchy Dog Treats Biscuits, Apple & Yogurt 16-oz Bag28% Off
Ring Stick Up Cam Battery HD security camera with custom privacy controls, Simple setup, Works with Alexa - Black$99.99 (as of June 7, 2023 02:33 GMT -06:00 - More infoProduct prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.)
Is Your Dog Ready for Summer?
Is Your Dog Ready for Summer? Summer is almost here and if you haven't already done so, you should make sure your dog is ready for another season out of doors. Most pet owners spend a good deal of time outside during the Spring and Summer months, taking their pets along to share in the […]
Pit Bull Terrier Dog Grooming Tips And Advice
Pit Bull Terrier dog Grooming Tips And Advice Keeping your Pit Bull healthy can be a full-time job. He requires lots of love and attention, routine well check-ups with the veterinarian, teeth cleaning, and training. A big part of your time will be spent on keeping your Pit Bull clean and neatly groomed. Grooming and […]
Dog Sicknesses Symptoms & Diagnosis
dog Sicknesses Symptoms & Diagnosis The downside of dog ownership is that communication can sometimes be a guessing game. This is particularly true when your dog is not feeling well.Sometimes your dog may just be “off” – not as energetic or acting odd. This may be nothing but it could be a sign of a […]
Natural Balance Dog Food And Allergies
Natural Balance dog Food And Allergies The most common problem faced by a dog owner is allergies caused to their dog due to climatic conditions. Our pets are like member of the family, they need a special care and especially in the matter of diet. There are many problems caused due to irregular diet such […]