Q&A: dog illnesses symptoms?

Q&A: dog illnesses symptoms?

Question by Jennifer G: dog ?
My dog was fine the two days ago but when I came home from work yesterday she couldn’t walk and her eyes were twitching I took her to the vet right away and he said he thought she was poisoned but I can;t find anything she would have gotten into! She still isn’t any better today , the vet kept her and said he thinks she could make it I am worried she may die does anyone know what this could be??????
Abby is only going to be 4 yrs old!
The only signs she had was she couldn’t stand up, or walk and her eyes and face were sort of twitching. But she did respond to us by wagging her tail! Her heart beat was fine her temp was fine and her lungs sounded clear when I took her to the vet!Dog Illnesses!
My abby is coming home tomorrow! She isn’t any worse than when I took her to the but but she didn’t improve much! She can eat and drink! She can stand still for 10 mins when you help her up but if she trys to move she falls over! She can wag her tail and lift her ears! The vet said he don’t think she was poisoned anymore but thinks it could be coonhound paralysis or tick paralysis although she had no ticks on her ! Luckily he said he thinks she should get better with some nursing but he still don’t garentee it! Thanks for all the info from all of you!!! It’s comforting to know people care!!!!!

Best answer:

Answer by freespirit
could be the food she is eating.I mean the recall on bad food.

What do you think? Answer below!

kidney.diethere.net Great diet for dog with . Stop with a diet for dog with get a treatment for in dogs. You too can use this info to get quality, for and reverse your dog’s kidney failure and you can learn…

PetAlive Immunity and Liver Support for Protection Against Disease (60 Caps)

PetAlive Immunity and Liver Support for Protection Against Disease (60 Caps)

  • Pack of 60 capsules
  • Specially selected herbs that cleanse and purify the system, improve immune functioning and support liver health
  • 100% natural safe and proven herbal remedy for pets
  • Promotes pets natural ability to fight against disease and infection
  • Increase hemoglobin levels and prevent anemia; promote vitality and balance in the body

PetAlive Immunity and capsules contain a combination of especially selected herbs known for their ability to cleanse and purify the system, improve immune functioning and support liver health. Used as a general tonic or to protect against disease, Immunity and capsules are also very effective during convalescence and can help your pet in the recovery phase after illness. Use PetAlive Immunity and to boost immune functioning and resistance against disease

Q&A: dog illnesses symptoms?

List Price: $ 37.95

Price: [wpramaprice asin=”B000TMTO0G”]

[wpramareviews asin="B000TMTO0G"]

Click here for more information about 'Q&A: dog illnesses symptoms?'.

Tags: , , , , , ,
Previous Post
file0002050730561.jpg
Dog Nail Clippers

Q&A: would it hurt a dog to cut their nails with human nail clippers?

Next Post
cat-and-dog.jpg
Dog Collars

Lupine 1-Inch Sunny Days Combo Dog Collar, 15-Inch to 22-Inch

Comments

    • Nedra E
    • October 17, 2012

    Did he test to see if she’s in kidney failure. I don’t know all the symptoms, but this dog food scare is something you have to consider.

    The high risk poisons include rat poison and antifreeze, which causes kidney failure.

    • cathi
    • October 17, 2012

    check into this website. it is recalled foods (dog and cat) that is causing liver and or kidney failure in these animals. check to see if your dogs food is on the lists. menufoods.com. go to recalled dog foods. this has been a major recall with these foods. hundreds of animals got it

    • nancy s
    • October 17, 2012

    I am so sorry- could be alot of things involving a ll things already mentioned. If you have recently changed foods or started a new bag of food it could be the contamination-or plants or alot of reasons.
    If you trust your vet then let him/her take care of your dog and I will pray that she gets better soon.
    When she comes home look into holistic food-free of contaminants-I buy food from this company
    http://www.nancysheathnet.com
    none of it is now or will be on the lists as they use only american products and none of the wheat, corn, soy or rice protein concentrate that is the recalled ingredients.
    Go to the site and read and watch the video clip about how it is made.

    • Roxy
    • October 16, 2012

    It may be caused by bad dog food. Here is the pet food recall list. http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070419/NEWS01/70419050 If you find the food you are feeding her on the list. Take to her to the vet right away. If your vet doesn’t do anything, take her to a different one.

    • ragapple
    • October 16, 2012

    What springs to my mind is vestibular which isnt fatal but it IS somethng comon enough that a vet should reconise it, and if hes not suspecting that Id think he would be right
    Never the less here is a site
    http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_vestibular_disease.html

    • JTBW
    • October 16, 2012

    Not without more info. It’s hard to say without seeing your pet. What other symptoms did she have? What do you feed her? Did the vet do any tests? Did she go outside without someone watching her? There are a lot of possibilities.

    • hotrotties08
    • October 16, 2012

    classic signs of brain cancer,my friend had to put her rottie to sleep,but you need the vet to make that decision

    • Goldengal
    • October 16, 2012

    If you or your neighbor have put fertilizer or any chemicals down on your lawns then that could be it. Especially if there was a heavy rain it could have washed it into your yard and then if your dog stepped in it and licked her paws then that could also be the way it go into her system.

    I hope she recovers soon.

    • t-bone
    • October 16, 2012

    Take the dog food to your vet ask if it has been sellected in the many poisoness food that the chinenes have been selling in the north ameican market, if it is fact one of them get a lawyer and smack the store right where it will hurt the most.
    Doing business with the Chinese has become very dangerous

    • Lamictalfan
    • October 16, 2012

    Even if there’s no poison in your house, he may have gotten something outside. A stranger might have poisoned him, or he could have eaten a plant (there are a lot of decorative plants that are harmful to pets). Dogs are pretty good at getting in to things, though, so it may be something in your house.
    It might be a neurological problem, too. They can set in at basically any time. The twitching and inability to walk might suggest such a disease.
    But right now, be worried, but don’t go crazy. Keeping an animal overnight is a standard procedure, and they’ll take good care of the dog. Have a comfortable place ready for her when she comes home. You can also call the vet just to check up, and visiting is usually allowed.
    Good luck! If it’s poison, she’ll get better pretty soon.

Leave a Reply