There are many points to ponder over whenever you make up your mind to choose the Australian Shepherd for your household. The single decision can be really awe-inspiring. The choice of available dog types is marvelous. Your job is to get the ideal dog breed, which fits both your lifestyle and your personality. Here is a list of things, which you would like to ponder over while choosing the Australian shepherd breed for your household.
* You must carry out the research of the breeds in a careful manner. For instance, if you want such a dog, which is trainable to duck hunt with you, then a Corgi may be unsuitable breed for you.
* With pure breeds, you will have a better chance to know how big he will grow as soon as he attains adulthood and what basic behavioral and physical characteristics he will have.
* You should know everything about the various individual dog breeds. For this, you can pay visit to local dog shows in order to see various dog breeds in one place and talk to dog breeders, groomers and your veterinarian.
* There are many dog breeds, which are inappropriate for a first-time owner. Having knowledge about the breed and what the breed was initially bred to do is really a big step to understand the dog.
* You should do extensive research on many dog breeds in a thorough manner prior to getting one.
* You should have safe fenced area for your dog so that he can exercise in. Remember that having your dog chained in the back yard is improper housing and is cruel.
* If you are not able to devote enough time to bringing up of your dog, then ensure that your dog is well-trained and socialized for his remaining part of life.
* You need to make arrangements such as a crate, all sorts of treats, extra toys, collars, leashes and several other supplies. Apart from this, you need to care about training classes, food, medical emergencies etc.
* All dog breeds need some sort of grooming. Some require a few minutes brushing once a day, whereas others require professional grooming. Remember that all dogs need regular attention of their nails, ears and teeth. Thus, you need to be very careful about these things.
* ADOPTED from Fuzzy Pawz Rescue – Boise, ID
She may have a little extra padding around the middle, but don’t let that fool you! Serenity is a 3 year-old basset hound/Australian Shepherd mix who loves to play with the best of ’em! This adorable white/black/brown girl showed up at a shelter at 3 months of age and was adopted a month later; then at 3 years of age she found herself back at the same shelter when her family no longer wanted her — rather than leave her in the shelter Fuzzy Pawz Rescue placed her into a foster home.
Serenity has a very sweet personality, and loves to get attention from people and gives it right back. She may even ask you to rub her belly! Serenity is a well-behaved, and very smart dog who loves to please! She knows how to sit and lay down. She does pretty well with stay for short distances/duration, and we are working on loose leash walking. Her recall seems to be pretty good with low distractions, and runs back with enthusiasm when she hears her name. I think she would do really well at learning new tricks! She does pretty well in the car, but sometimes needs a gentle reminder to stay in the back. A seat-belt harness works great!
Serenity LOVES going for walks where she can use her powerful nose to sniff things out. She will need a securely fenced yard, because once that nose gets onto a scent, she wants to follow it to the end! She loves playing with balls and stuffed animals, and loves splashing around in water.
Serenity’s coat will need regular maintenance, and will have to be brushed a few times a week. Her coat is absolutely GORGEOUS when properly cared for. She was recently groomed, and had to have some really bad mats shaved out from behind her ears and around her rear end… but, she wasn’t too fond of the whole process.
Serenity loves to play with dogs around her own size, but sometimes likes to pick on dogs that are much smaller than her. She would do best in a home with a dog close to her size. She is a bit possessive of her toys, and will try to defend them from other dogs if she feels threatened.
Serenity will be a great family dog. She met some children at the park, and sat politely while they petted her. She was not bothered by it at all!
It is critical that Serenity loses some weight. She is currently at 61 lbs., and should be closer to 45 lbs. All of that weight is causing a lot of stress on her long basset back, and her new owners will need to keep up with her diet and exercise program to help her be healthy!
Serenity will make a wonderful, sweet, and fun-loving companion for her new forever home! If you would like to add a happy, happy, dare we say happy dog to your household then Serenity is the one for you.
Serenity is spayed, micro-chipped and up to date on her vaccinations.
If you would like to meet Serenity please complete an application at http://www.fuzzypawzrescue.com/adoptionapplication.htm
The adoption fee for Serenity is .
Basset/Aussie – ADOPTED
Click Here to Learn How to Keep Your Dog Healthy and Happy!
Australian Shepherd Amazon products you should keep an eye on:
This t-shirt design was created by one of the best creators of t-shirt artwork in the world for the Always Awesome Apparel brand w…
The Australian Shepherd dog is known for sticking by its master no matter what, and this Australian Shepherd plush will do the sam…
Ranked #26 by the American Kennel Club (AKC), the Australian Shepherd is a popular member of the Herding group. Highly intelligent…
Introducing our NEW Signature Depot Juniors Racerback Tank Top; this NEW style Juniors Fit Scoop Neck / Racerback Tank Top Tee is …
Some recent Australian Shepherd sales on CJ:
Click here for more Australian Shepherd info.
Click here for more information about 'Things You Need To Know Before Choosing The Australian Shepherd Breed For Your Household'.